First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Backup Agents and Tools
Dump and Raw Tools
Dump Based Backup Tools:
Since the dump method of backups is considered a universal legacy method of doing database backups, there is really only one tool that does this in MySQL.
- # mysqldump --opt database > database.sql (online)
Raw Based Backup Tools:
When looking at raw backup methods and tools, there are several ways to grab the binaries out from under the database, each with its own issues.
- # mysqlhotcopy database /tmp (online)
- LVM/snapshots or mysqlsnapshot (online)
- Backup agents (InnoDB, Arkia, True Image, etc)("hot" online)
- Slave replication backups (warm online)
- Service stop and copy (off line)